We only have a few weeks to go before IBTM World takes to the stage at Fira Gran Via Barcelona from the 19th to the 21st November!
As we count down the days before we welcome this year’s selection of exhibitors, Hosted Buyers and visitors, we thought we would take a look at some of the most exciting things to look out for at IBTM World 2019.
It wouldn’t be IBTM World without keynote speakers to kick us off every morning! We’ll be joined by these amazing speakers:
Lucy Bloom will start us off on Day 1 of IBTM World with a fantastic keynote focusing on “Doing Business Differently”. As a woman who wears many hats, having been the CEO of African women’s charities, run her own ad agency, and created the world’s first women-only speaker agency, she’ll offer a fantastic perspective on how you can achieve by doing things in a maverick way.
Kicking us off on Day 2 will be Aric Dromi, a futurologist, digital philosopher and professional disrupter. He’ll be exploring how technology will impact the way to plan for the future, delving into questions about the emerging narratives and trends that drive transformation and how we need to rethink our thinking and growth in a changing marketplace.
We have a treat on Day Two, because we actually have a second keynote speaker taking to the stage – Margarita Mayo, the Professor of Leadership at IE Business School in Madrid. She’ll be talking to us about the 9 skills the ultimate successful leader needs to develop.
Our last, but certainly not least, keynote speaker of IBTM World this year is John Volanthen, who’ll present us with a brilliant talk on how to manage risk and achieve success in a crisis on Day 3. He’ll be aided by anecdotes from his integral role in the Tham Luang cave rescue in Thailand last year and 2 decades of cave diving experience.
Knowledge Programme Highlights
We have a packed Knowledge programme this year, with over 60 sessions led by our talented group of industry experts.
Beyond our keynote sessions, here are a selection of our talks that we think you’d definitely not want to miss (although if you do miss any, head to our Recap Lounge to listen to any of our talks on-demand).
- “Gamification Still Teambuilding – Just Smarter” with Albert Roca from Moove Team on Tuesday 19th November at 14:15 in Theatre 3
- “How to build a business in 2025” with Jennifer Davidson from Sleek Events on Thursday 21st November at 12:30 at the Accelerate Stage
- “The IBTM World Industry Trends Report 2019” with Alistair Turner of Eight PR, on Tuesday 19th November at 10:30 in Theatre 1
- “Panel Discussion: The future of influencer marketing” with 4 MICE influencers on Thursday 21st November at 12:00 at the Accelerate Stage
- “Event technology for increased value and greater attendee engagement” with the Founder and CEO of Fielddrive, Danny Stevens, on Wednesday 20th November at 15:30 in Theatre 2
- “Asia Pacific MICE trends and why APAC is a cost-effective solution for your next MICE event” with Aloysius Arlando, the CEO of SACEOS, on Wednesday 20th November at 13:00 in Theatre 3
- “Leveraging Sustainability for Destination Success” with Guy Bigwood on Thursday 21st November at 14:15 in Theatre 1
- “How to find your personal purpose” with Ken Kelling on Thursday 21st November at 10:30 in Theatre 2
But, of course, check out the full Knowledge Programme to help plan your IBTM World visit around the talks you want to attend.
The very heart of the IBTM World show floor will play host to the future for the first time in 2019. Introducing IBTM Accelerate, a space where you can catch a glimpse of the ground-breaking event tech and innovations that will take your experience from great to unforgettable, keeping you ahead of the curve.
Event Business Accelerator
Brand new for 2019, we’re giving entrepreneurs help to launch and scale their great tech, agency or service ideas in the events industry through a series of workshops, mentoring and an onsite product pitches! Watch the pitches on our Accelerate Stage.
Tech Watch Awards
The return of the longest-running industry award of its kind, our highly regarded Tech Watch Awards will once again showcase the very best and most inspiring event technology, providing a platform for the greatest entrepreneurs and innovators.
Make sure you vote for your favourite in the People’s Choice Award and come and see who will be crowned winner at 4:30pm on Tuesday 19 November on the Accelerate Stage.
Join us at our Welcome Reception on Tuesday 19 November to celebrate your first day at IBTM World! Eat, drink and network with everyone who’s anyone in the meetings and events industry.
Time: 18:00 – 20:00 (Pavilion Hall 3, The Fira Exhibition Centre)
Prepare to be amazed at our Networking Hour on Wednesday 20 November where exhibitors pull out all the stops to show what their wonderful destination or services can do for your business.
Time: 18:00 – 19:00 (IBTM World show floor)
Finally, you’ll all be pleased to know that Club Night has returned! The social highlight of IBTM World where you will be able to dance the night away, whilst doing valuable networking, of course. Exclusive access for IBTM World attendees until 3:30am.
Important: You must bring your IBTM World badge for free entry or you may be charged an entry fee.
Time: 22:00 – 02:00 (Opium Barcelona)
Register to attend
If you don’t want to miss out on all of the excitement, make sure you register to attend IBTM World! There isn’t long to go, so it’s time to act!
Simply click here to register.